Category managementcategory insights & range change justification
Category range review
The category range review is an on-going process and one that involves more than just building visually pleasing planograms. This essential process, when executed correctly can serve as an appraisal of category performance and determine your brands success in the marketplace; meaning that if you’re not involved, you’re being left behind.
Using the latest category management software our category range review experts work closely with our clients on every phase of the category range review, providing insights which drive range changes to building optimised planograms to ultra-realistic store aisle navigation, using 3D retail experience to present the results. Our category range review experts provide opportunities to identify growth and additional sales, implement strategies to optimise space on the shelf, introduce new products to the range and grow brands, within the category management process.
Using our range assortment software, our category range review experts can transform complex analytical retail range review projects into actionable insights. Based on industry best practises (ECR), we present an intuitive approach that includes every step required to prepare a category range review with a credible assortment proposal, taking into account both market and retailer data to optimise the range and offer a credible range of products which reflects category management objectives and consumer demand.
Retail Smart has considerable knowledge in planogram services for a broad range of retail clients, manufacturers and brokers. Due to our involvement in varied industries from electrical retail to grocery, leisure to health and beauty in both UK and Europe our vast experience in this area aids the success of our clients.
Working closely with our clients our planogram experts offer justification for range changes within the category, by analysing available space and sales. Planograms are designed in 2D or 3D visual outputs and ensure optimisation of shelf space whilst helping to achieve category objectives. Our planograms enhance your category range review presentation, along with supporting analysis using reports and graphs. This will ensure correct allocation of space for each product, brand and category with the objective of increase sales and profits.
Our planogram experts use the most innovative software when conducting planogram services.
Consumer centric planograms
Using the next generation of planogram automation software, our consultants can create a set of store or cluster specific planograms taking into consideration regional variations in range, these plans are created in minutes, rather than days. Planograms which fit the store space and meet consumer demand help achieve category objectives and ultimately increase sales and profits. With our planogramming automation service the one size fits all approach is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, planograms now fit the space and hold the correct range to meet consumer demand.
Our planogram experts use the most innovative software when generating store specific planograms with a consumer centric approach.
3D Retail Experience
Our expert team of 3D retail planners create ultra-realistic store and aisle environments to demonstrate your brand concepts and in store experience for presentations and shopper insights. Ideal for visualising new category range concepts as part of the range review, new product demonstrations and store concepts and redesign ideas.
If the 3D retail experience is a step to far, why not have retail Smart consultants, create a 3D planograms to help visualise the category review and demonstrate that Wow factor that’s all too often missing in today’s presentations.
- Well managed categories proven to increase sales between 4 - 8%
- Calculate an optimised range based on consumer habits and performance
- Create range justifications for new products, category segmentation and shelf placement
- Identify gaps in product range (gap analysis), can result in millions of pounds of increased revenue
- Perform space vs. sales analysis and redistribute space to best performing products to increase sales and profits.
- Understand the visual impact of new range from a consumer perspective
- Drive new sales to the category by informative POS, ascetically pleasing layout
- Increase sales by reducing tighter inventory control and reducing out-of-stocks
- Present category changes in 3D stereoscopic by navigating in a virtual reality environment
- Test store, category and point of sale concepts in a virtual store
- Visually compare competitors position and dominance on shelf
- Present a movie category and aisle navigation, picking up products of interest
- Assign selling potential to every inch of retail space
- Build presentations using 3D views and sales analysis
- Create consistent look and feel across multiple store
- Produce gap analysis to understand lost opportunities
- Share plans with clients in common planogram format
- Compare product distribution across multiple store
- Tighter inventory control and reduction of out-of- stocks
- Tailored assortment of products satisfy local consumers
- Automate: accurate execution of category plans
- Clients have shown a 4-7% sales increase
- Generate 1,000's of consumer focused plans per day
- Integrity of range across all store formats and sizes
- Maximise visual impact on shelf, understand hot spots
- Consumers find your products with ease
- Stores understand how products are placed
- Consistent look and feel across stores
Read about category range review software: